Home Cancer Care is an option for cancer patients to recuperate or spend their last days in the comfort of their homes. At Home Instead, our CAREGivers aim to optimize our patient’s quality of life and empower family caregivers in providing care for their loved ones. Find out how you can care better for your loved one with cancer in the comforts of your home.
How to Manage the Side Effects of Cancer?
- Cancer pain can be managed through pain medication as prescribed by your doctor. Seek help from your loved one’s nurse/doctor immediately if pain worsens or persists.
- Pain medications are administered based on the level of pain your loved one is experiencing.
- Hair loss is an inevitable side effect of chemotherapy treatment.
- Provide emotional support for your loved one if they need a listening ear. It is important for cancer patients to seek emotional support or confide in a counselor.
- Other alternatives you or your loved one can try out are wigs, scarves, or hats. Try and see which option fits you or your loved one best!
How to overcome other challenges during chemotherapy?
- No Appetite / Weight Loss
- Dryness in mouth
- Chewing and Swallowing Problems
Home Instead CAREGivers are trained to provide services based on each stage of the patient’s conditions. Contact us to learn more.