If you or your loved ones need care at home, you are not alone! Home Instead has a variety of services ranging from everyday companionship to specialized services. We can package these in combinations to provide a personalized, cost-effective long-term or short-term personal care service for your loved one. Please contact us for a free, no-obligation care consultation.
Contact us for a free, no obligation care consultation
Increasingly, Singaporeans wish to age at home – they feel safer and more at ease among familiar surroundings. A recent HDB survey found that 86% of elders intended to continue living in their existing flats, up from 80% in 2013. This was because they “found it comfortable or had an emotional attachment to it, having developed fond memories of the time spent with their families”, HDB said. “People especially the elderly continued to show a strong preference to age in place.”
of elderly HDB residents wish to continue to live in their existing flats.
The good news is that with the right support, you or your aging loved ones are likely to be able to do just that.
It’s important to realize that you don’t have to do this by yourself. There are various sources of personal care service including the quality care services provided by Home Instead. Depending on your situation these can vary from simple assistance in daily living to more specialized personal care services including Dementia care and Parkinson’s disease care as well as other medical conditions.
In many cases, family caregivers try to cope by themselves or rely on foreign domestic workers to care for their loved one or aging family member.
This works only for the simplest cases, but often family and FDWs are not trained or emotionally equipped to handle the stresses and needs of caregiving duties and this affects their confidence in rendering care tasks. That’s where professionals such as Home Instead come in.
Home Instead takes a long-term, relationship-based approach, and our caregivers are trained in the various specialized requirements for providing personal care service. That means we can help with simple requirements of ADLs or activities of daily living, while also providing more specialized personal care service when needed, even including nursing care and therapy. This team-based approach means you only pay for the care resources when and where they are needed.
Having a CAREGiver to help you with your daily personal tasks allows you to maintain your loved ones’ dignity while receiving the support you need to live at home comfortably and independently.
Some of the areas where we can assist include:
In addition to home care services, we can create a personalized program for you like medication administration and the like, and also includes a selection of our other care tasks, including specialized personal care service. These can be focused on specific conditions such as dementia or stroke recovery or they can be focused on rehabilitation and functional enablement that helps with self care. The key is that you can obtain the services you need when you need them, so you don’t have to pay for unnecessary nursing care.
Home Instead is different in several ways:
- Home Instead aims to provide affordable care to enhance sustainability for the continuous intermediate and long-term care
- Professional caregivers who are skilled knowledge-based care workers with a relationship-based approach and trained beyond basic caregiving skills required to assist with activities of daily living (ADLs) and personal hygiene
- Trained on certain specializations to understand medication administration and respond appropriately to the different chronic conditions and behavioral changes associated with, e.g. dementia, stroke, Parkinson’s Disease
- Relationship-based care – caregiver assigned to an individual instead of tasks. The caregiver gets to know the care recipient, her needs & preferences, & often her family. Familiarity can only be achieved with continuity of care with the same team or person
- Thus enhancing resilience in day-to-day living. We are focused on both high qualities of care and quality of life that are preventive rather than just reactive or corrective. In turn, this reduces long term costs to families and society as a whole
Professional support and round-the-clock service provider. All in the comfort and security of home. We’re here to help.